I just finished my "Learn Ruby" talk for the programmers here at work.
(Game programmers, strong in C/C++).

I flew through a massive amount of stuff.. leaving continuations and
metaprogramming on the table for another day.  I managed to get it done
just over my goal of 90 minutes (maybe 100).

I found that the programmers who'd worked in dynamic languages
previously, through a University course or otherwise, followed along
pretty well.  Those without that experience dazed out once we got into
things like lambdas.

Overall though, I'm satisfied.

I did my presentation in HTML generated from ERB.  I just set my browser
to full-screen -- it worked pretty well.  I've posted both the ERB and
HTML files at: http://www.waits.net/~swaits/LearnRubyTalk/

I'd very much like to improve the document, so any feedback is
appreciated.  It also might be useful to others in my situation
(teaching Ruby to programmers).

--Steve