Logan Capaldo <logancapaldo / gmail.com> writes:

> Ruby doesn't really support any strings natively. It just happens to
> have a bytevector class that acts a lot like a string ;)

.... that acts a lot like a string /of ASCII chars/, actually. Rather
anachronic, imho.

I can't consider that "il ˝Ňait une fois".length == 18 is the way it
should be with a string in a modern language.

Of course, tweaking with -K and jcode and/or other third parties
modules and/or various hacks allow some enhancements (we have a
jlength method that seems working), but that's not the Peru, either
(case methods support only ASCII chars, etc.)

Waiting for a plain support in Rite (much more important to me than
the "end" issues...).

--
Eric Jacoboni, ne il y a 1445284322 secondes