John N. Alegre <info / johnalegre.net> wrote:

> Your making this much harder then needed.  If you use DP to install
> RubyCocca then the stuff that XCode uses goes in the correct developer
> directories and the bindings go in /opt/local.
i didn't said the contrary...
>  This is all transparent to
> XCode!  The need for the $PATH changes only have to do with using ruby from
> a shell.

i know that.

> This has been posted to both this list and the DP list.
>
> install ruby with DP
> install RubyCocca with DP
> use RubyCocca in XCode
> done

it's what i have done yesterday afternoon, however i was unable to
install libxml-ruby :
sudo gem install -r libxml-ruby
fails to :
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/libxml-ruby-0.3.6 for inspection.

even if iconv has been installed by dp...

then i'm BACK exactly at the point where i was before yesterday
afternoon, it is even worst because now i'm no more able to install
libxml-ruby which was the ONLY reason for me to make a new ruby install
with dp...

before that dp install i was able to use libxml-ruby from terminal,
RubyCocoa failed on "require 'xml/libxml'".

--
une b?vue