Your making this much harder then needed.  If you use DP to install
RubyCocca then the stuff that XCode uses goes in the correct developer
directories and the bindings go in /opt/local.  This is all transparent to
XCode!  The need for the $PATH changes only have to do with using ruby from
a shell.

This has been posted to both this list and the DP list.

install ruby with DP
install RubyCocca with DP
use RubyCocca in XCode
done