Hello. I have toyed with the idea of trying Ruby out for some time now.
However, I have not found any major feature that puts it enough above Python.
Most of the differences I have come across (in "comparison with other
languages") seem to be pretty insignificant (minor differences) in terms of
selecting a language to use for major projects.

Is there any sort of effort to port Ruby to the Palm's? Does the Ruby
community have any sort of mechanism for Enhancement Proposals (such as
PEP for Python)?

The "comparison with other languages" states that "Ruby is "often faster
than Python". Is this documented anywhere? Could someone provide me with
some specific examples where Ruby would be faster than Python? If Ruby
was drastically faster than Python, that may be a good "selling point" in
my eyes.

In the interview with the Programming Ruby authors, they say "Ruby will
overtake Python within four years". On what basis do you supose they make
this claim? What is the most obvious driving force that they feel will
cause this change?

Anyways,  I look forward to getting some mor information on these matters.

--
~Mark Nenadov (author/editor for http://www.coffeecode.com)