On Mar 7, 2006, at 23:38, Une b?vue wrote:

> BUT, i wonder about the useness of .profile, is this used by XCode ?
> i don't think so.

Nope. It only affects what you get when you type "ruby" at the command
line.

> again, i don't think XCode nor RubyCocoa use this way to find ruby
> (thru
> $PATH)

I had the same problem. Somebody told me to use DarwinPorts, but
happily, I didn't take their advice. The last thing I needed was yet
another install of Ruby in yet another location. I already had too many
installs as it was! {chuckle}

Look and see if you have too many RubyCocoa.framework files. I'll bet
you'll find one in /Library/Frameworks, AND one in
~/Library/Frameworks. Delete the one in your user Library, and XCode
should start finding the one you want.