On Mar 7, 2006, at 6:48 AM, Bil Kleb wrote:

> Ryan Davis wrote:
>> ZenTest version 3.0.0 has been released!
>
> Excellent news.
>
>> ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
>> code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
>> pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
>
> This has always sounded scary to me as written because
> it goes against the behavior notion best described by
> Astels: http://blog.daveastels.com/?p=53

On the "What Then?" slide I see this:

* small, focused pieces of behaviour
* sub-method
* an interesting method will have several facets to its behaviour

For me this throws up a big flag that says the code isn't factored
properly.  A method should be a small, focused piece of behavior
without several facets to its behavior.  If a method does more than
one thing it should be broken into methods that each do one thing.

When you write your code in small units of behavior mapped to methods
then ZenTest is a perfect match.  If you have poorly factored code
and big methods with many outputs and inputs test coverage is very
difficult to judge because you can't easily track what goes on inside
your methods and match it up to test cases.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com