Une,

Do you use any other ports?  How many?

/opt/local is ONLY used by DP so you have the option of blowing
away /opt/local (sudo rm -rf /opt/local) reinstalling ports and then
reinstalling any ports you use.

On the issue of your scripts still finding /usr/bin/ruby, it is necessary to
put in your .pofile in your home directrory "export
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$path"
This will make ports found first.  If you use fink too do this AFTER you
call the fink script.

Good luck
john