On Mar 6, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Charlie Bowman wrote:

> I'm having trouble finding the benefit of using capistrano.  I'm only
> using rails for a very small blog.  Sometime in the next year I do
> expect to start using rails at work.  What are the benefits of using
> capistrano for small apps like my blog?

The benefits are:

* Consistent deployment. Your deployment process works the same time
after time, even when you start adding more resources to host it.

* Standard practices. Your application is deployed using some
codified "best practices".

Now, that doesn't mean it is for everyone, but it works great for
lots of people. For a small, single-box application, the benefits
aren't as obvious, though. We didn't start feeling the need for
Capistrano until Basecamp began growing beyond it's single host server.

- Jamis