superN00b wrote:
> Logan Capaldo wrote:
> > On Mar 5, 2006, at 9:44 PM, superN00b wrote:
> >
> >> the old one.
> >>

> > Assuming that ruby is installed in /usr/local have your .login file
> > or .bashrc  have the following line:
> >
> > PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
>
> Sorry! Where can I find these files? I can change them with vi, right?
>
> --

You should feel free to ask as many questions as you like to this list,
but you'll also need some unix-y background info, so I recommend the 2
Missing manuals, the "Learnign unix for Tiger" and  maybe "Tiger for
Unix geeks" if you really get into it.  All excellent books.

http://www.oreilly.com/pub/topic/mac

Also might want to look at darwin and fink for installing other
packages (as an alternative to tarballs, i.e. .tgz or .tar.gz files:

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/section.php/languages
http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/