> Anyway, all you need to do you change your $PATH environment variable to
> make /usr/local/bin precede /usr/bin. If you don't know how to do this,
> read the "bash" man page about the PATH environment variable. (See the
> INVOKATION section.)

OK. I looked it up, but all i found was this description:

PATH   The search path for commands.  It is a colon-separated  list  of
              directories  in  which the shell looks for commands (see
COMMAND
              EXECUTION below).  The default path is system-dependent,
and  is
              set  by  the administrator who installs bash.  A common
value is
              ``/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:.''.

So I know what it is, but where does it live? Do I change it with vi? Is
it a text file or part of a text file? Sorry, I really have zero idea
what I'm doing.