Dave Burt wrote:

>As good a point as that is, I think this is KirbyBase's best option. I think
>the risk of nil.method_missing returning nil breaking something is low, as
>has been argued in the debates on this list (Guy Decoux?). If it did,
>wouldn't we have heard about it by now?
>
>It does probably demand a prominent warning in the README.

Hey, Dave.  Here's what I have smack dab in the middle of the README:

== Warning

KirbyBase defines #method_missing for NilClass.  This might bite you in the
butt if you override NilClass.method_missing yourself.

The more I think about this, though, could it be as simple as
subclassing NilClass, call it KBNil or whatever?  Then I could override
KBNil#method_missing and that wouldn't mess up NilClass.  It would be
fairly easy for me to change KirbyBase to return a KBNil for an empty
field value instead of nil.

Thoughts on this?

Jamey