Barrie Jarman wrote:
> Im new (this week) to ruby and would like to know what IDE's people are
> using.
> Ive tried Radrails which seems very buggy and poorly designed.
>
> I use Zend Studio for my php developement and would like something similar
> with autocompletion, linking to methods in other files etc...

Sorta OT but good discussion: folks at Artima talk about how they use
(or don't need or want) python IDEs

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=106&thread=148389&start=0&msRange=15

There's been lots of threads here, arachno/komodo/eclipse+RDT vs.
emacs/vim/textmate/jedit/bbedit/ whatever, and there're lots of degrees
of freedom for what suits people, including:

- single developer or team
- have you committed core and std lib to memory, more or less, and have
you spent lotsa time looking at tracebacks??
- web framework / big code base or smaller project?
- multiple O/S?
- some people don't want to pay anything, but i think you shd still try
komodo and arachno's free trials.