On Mar 4, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Jamey Cribbs wrote:

> What has been kicked around when this question has come up before
> is for me to create something like a NULL class and use this to
> designate a null value in the database, instead of using nil.

I know I would feel a lot safer with that.  The only minus there is
that NULL will be a true value, again with surprising behavior for
people who are expecting normal Ruby.  If we have to have one though,
I would prefer this one by far.

> It would bring up a few other problems, namely, what if someone
> wants to store the string value NULL in a field.  But I imagine
> these could be overcome.

Could it be stored using Kirbybase's escapes (&NULL;)?

James Edward Gray II