"Barrie Jarman" <hscbaj / hotmail.com> writes:

Hi Barrie,

> Im new (this week) to ruby and would like to know what IDE's people
> are using.

Over the last time I used RadRails [1] and for normal Ruby coding I used
Kate [2].

But when I've read this thread my eyes caught the world *emacs*, so I
gave it a try (last time I used it regularly is about one and a half
year ago). I installed the ususal ruby-mode which comes with ruby and
extended it with ruby-electric.el [3]. And what should I say: it's
absolutely brilliant.

The only thing which currently doesn't work the way I like is the
inferior ruby mode. How can I get autocompletion in it?

Best regards,
Tassilo

Footnotes:
[1] www.radrails.org
[2] kate.kde.org
[3] shylock.uw.hu/Emacs/ruby-electric.el