I am a recent convert and I am very impressed by the productivity gains
from Ruby.

I would like to basically throw the kitchen sink into the Ruby scripts I
am creating.

I need to use Webrick, SOAP client, SOAP server, DRb, REXML, and Log4r.
However, when I attempt to use the SOAP server and client in the same
script, the SOAP client call blocks the script.

Is it possible to use Webrick, SOAP client, and SOAP server code all in
the same script without blocking?  I tried different threads for the
SOAP server and SOAP client, but that did not prevent blocking.

I would like to be able to create daemons respond to SOAP messages and
that are also tiny web servers that allow me to view their logs and near
real-time status from a web page.

Thanks,

hackdaddy