I'm using SCITE under Linux, it's not an IDE, but it has nice syntaxhighlighting and you can configure it very well. I think it's evenpossible to get code completion to work under SCITE, but I haven't yetfigured out how. And it works in windows as well...
On 3/3/06, Curt Hibbs <ml.chibbs / gmail.com> wrote:> On 3/3/06, Alexander Fleck <Fleck / schleissheimer.de> wrote:> > hi,> > I' m using FreeRIDE. My goal was to get an IDE for free that' s portable. I wanted to use it either on linux and windows. I like it, when an my environment for developing software looks and feels the same regardless on which platform. I don' t want to use millions of editors or IDEs. I thin vim is a good solution too, but I needed a few weeks to get really into it, I mean really into it.>> I use FreeRIDE also, which has the advantage of being both open source> and written in Ruby.>> If you want commercial IDE, check out ArachnoRuby and ActiveState's Komodo.>> Curt>>