On 3/2/06, Charles O Nutter <headius / headius.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the unsolicited promotion of JRuby and my own blog, but I
> have been keeping a record of updates to JRuby along with musings on
> the future of Ruby and Java playing together at
> http://headius.blogspot.com. For those of you like me, caught between
> worlds, I will frequently provide updates on the progress of JRuby and
> the future of Ruby applications running on Java. My post today updates
> the progress of getting Rails and IRB running, with a long discussion
> of JRuby's design goals, performance woes, and promises for the
> future. Naturally, I'd like an audience, but I'd also like to dispel
> the continuing rumors that JRuby is "dead".
>
> For those of you completely uninterested in Ruby-on-Java, you can
> safely disregard this email.  :)
>
> Thank you!

Thanks for the notice, I'll keep an eye on your blog.
And now we talk about ruby & java, I'll take the opportunity to ask a
question I haven't had the possibility to answer myself: what will
JSR223 give as possibility? Is it a way for ruby (the C version) to
access java classes? JSR223 started with a limited scope (web apps)
that was widened later on, but up to what point?

Raph