David Black wrote:
> Then again, I'm not sure about keyword arguments, so I don't count :-)
> (My concern is that I distrust anything that couples local variables
> in one scope with, essentially, anything in any other scope.)

I completely agree.  I kind of like the current technique of using an
"implicit" hash to pass named values.

I think the main attraction of keyword arguments is to let the caller
pass arguments in any order they want as long as they use the names.

But if I have so many arguments that it's hard for the client to
remember the order, then the arguments should probably be refactored
into a structure anyway (like a hash :-)

So to me keyword arguments are at best syntactic sugar and at worst a
way to cover-up code smells.

Jeff
www.softiesonrails.com