<snip>

> |How about "=" for keyword arguments instead
> |(such as in python)?
>
> Unfortunately, assignments are legal in argument list in Ruby.
>
> 							matz.

That can be made to work, with the understanding that '=' in a method
call means 'keyword argument', not 'assignment', since there is no point
in doing an assignment in a method call.

# Method definition, '=' means assignment (of default value):
def foo(bar, baz = 3)

# Method call, '=' means keyword
foo(baz = 5, bar = 2)

For anyone who cares to read my past thoughts on the subject:

http://djberg96.livejournal.com/51344.html
http://djberg96.livejournal.com/51052.html
http://djberg96.livejournal.com/50325.html
http://djberg96.livejournal.com/50162.html