Hi --

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, petermichaux / yahoo.com wrote:

> is something like the following acceptable?
>

> <% ( item.cart_item_option_values || [] ).each do |ov| %>
>
> <% end %>

If you get the right-hand side of that, it means the left-hand side
was nil or false -- in which case calling #empty? on it will raise an
error.  (Actually in your original post you had _values once and
_variations once, but I'm assuming that was an error.)

On the other hand, if you're sure you can call #empty? on it, that
suggests you know it will be an array, in which case you can just call
#each on it and let it iterate zero times if it's empty.

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)
Ruby Power and Light (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)