Hi Wilson,

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:

> Thanks Hal (and everyone).. this kind of thing definitely helps.  Part
> of my problem is that I can't draw analogies to a language I don't
> know.

Were it me, with all the obstacles you've outlined, I'd feel successful
if, at the end of the day, they wanted to learn more Ruby.  Given your
lack of experience in their world, I'd admit that openly, then simply
engage with them.  Make it a working session.  Get them to tell you
about some of the typical stuff they do.  Pick something that sounds
easy to do in Ruby.  Get them to give you an overview, then _together_
walk through how each of you'd build it in your "native tongue."  Pick
something small so you have lots of time for discussion and
explanation.  Transfer small amounts of OO concepts through examples.

Best of luck.