On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 00:48:44 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:

> On 2/28/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb / nasa.gov> wrote:
>> In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
>>  > coming months.
>>  >
>>  > RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs.  I am reconciling
>>  > LaTeX and Docbook patches right now.  I also have a ClibPDF patch.
>>
>> Have the PDF output plans been tabled?
>
> Whoa!  If Redcloth gets these things, it'll make Ruport's life a lot easier!

Don't get too excited - I was all atwitter too until I realized that that
post was from February *2005*.  RedCloth dev isn't quite dead - svn log
shows occasional checkins to trunk in the past few months - but I haven't
seen any talk of release anywhere, or even acknowledgement of the known
bugs in 3.0.4, the redcloth-upwards mailing list is dormant, and questions
here go unanswered by the authors.

Sniff.

Jay Levitt