Hi,

In message "Re: Confusion Over Keyword Arguments"
    on Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:32:50 +0900, "Mr. Big" <no / no.com> writes:

|def my_meth(options={})
|end
|
|(1) my_meth(:keyword => 3) # Ruby 1.8
|(2) my_meth(keyword:3, another_option:10) # Ruby 2.0
|
|Won't this create confusion?

No, on the virtual implementation (only inside of my brain), they are
same things.  The magic is in receiving and interpreting arguments.

|Why must keyword arguments use the same
|syntax as new hash literals?

No, we don't have to.  The colon can be ugly with symbols, for
example,

  db.find(order: :date)

is not good looking.  Any other proposal (except for "=')?

|How about "=" for keyword arguments instead
|(such as in python)?

Unfortunately, assignments are legal in argument list in Ruby.

							matz.