On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, David Alan Black wrote:
>
> > You could get a few more bytes out: {:s if n>1} and no space after
> > puts.
>
> ":s " is 3 bytes, as is "'s'", but that's a good one to remember.  And it
> does need to be !=.

Well, at least I was right about the space after puts :-)  It's all
beginning to swim in front of my eyes a bit....

> We should definitely specify a canonical output... I was just going from
> an earlier version.

I hereby nominate the following output for canonization:

2 bottles of beer on the wall, 2 bottles of beer.
Take one down, pass it around,
1 bottle of beer on the wall.
1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer.
Take one down, pass it around,
No more bottle of beer on the wall.

I guess a space between the stanzas would make sense -- for some
reason I got used to doing it without one.

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net