On Mar 1, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Ben Gun wrote:

> Thanks Ara,
> If I understand correctly, the methods are run on the server, so what
> I want are servers (one on each CPU) and one client that connects to
> these servers to dish out the work. Is that correct?

It doesn't matter, DRb isn't client-server, its peer-to-peer wrapped
in the guise of client server.  You can either have a controller that
tells work machines what to do or you can have work machines ask a
controller what to do.

> I understand drb uses TCP/IP. Can I leave the connections open once
> established?

DRb uses TCP by default.  It can also use unix domain sockets, UDP,
or you could write your own protocol.

> Another important question: How do I get the data transferred? Is
> there a way to share data?

DRb makes that transparent.  Just do it like you would in a regular
program.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com