Gary and Tom,

Thanks for the pointers, I've read the AW AWK Programming Language and
O'Reilly lex & yacc books.  From the presentations I've seen on Ruby
DSLs, it doesn't seem like folks are writing parsers -- it seems more
like Lisp macros where the program is being written as its being
interpreted.

In the same way that Ruby's attr_accessor creates getter/setter
methods for the specified symbols (instance variables), DSL 'gurus'
have created similar constructs which implement the 'mini language'
without the drugery of writing a parser/compiler.

It looks like there are no "How to write DSLs in Ruby" books currently
available or planned.

Regards,
Sean