Sean Mountcastle wrote:
> I apologize if this has been asked on this list before (I did a quick
> search using Namazu and didn't find any specific books; perhaps that's
> because they don't exist):

It's a good question.

> Are there any good books on domain specific languages (preferably in
> Ruby)?  I've read Fowler's article on DSLs, I attended Glenn
> Vanderburg's "Metaprogramming Ruby" talk at OSCON, I also listened to
> Rich Kilmer speak at a NoVARUG meeting about a DSL he wrote for the
> USAF/BBN and I've listened to the recording of Domain Specific
> Languages by Jim Weirich from RubyConf 2005 -- but I still don't "get"
> it. It seems like black magic to me, so I'm hoping there's a book out
> there devoted to implementing DSLs using Ruby that can help me better
> understand this useful technique.
>
> Does anyone know of such a book?

There are some DSL articles in the pipeline for Ruby Code & Style[0], so
hopefuly they'll help you, but a more detailed book on DSLs would be
interesting.

[0] http://www.artima.com/rubycs

--
James Britt

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
  universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by
  uncertainty cannot be the truth."
  - R. Feynman