Joe Van Dyk wrote:

> 1.  Templates (that aren't in the STL) scare me.

#include <iostream>

template<int i> struct Factorial {
        static const int F = i * Factorial<i-1>::F;
};

template<> struct Factorial<1> {
        static const int F = 1;
};

int main() {
        std::cout << Factorial<5>::F << std::endl;
        return 0;
}

Now that wasn't so scary, right?

> 2.  I've looked at the source code for the Boost library and ran away
> screaming.

Setting your font size smaller  to 1pt, for example  can help with
that.

> 3.  If I did write code like that, then not many people in my group
> would be able to easily grok my code.  Perhaps they'll just need to
> bone up on the newest C++ stuff and read the requisite 8 books before
> touching my code.

Well, perhaps they'd decide to read the much smaller stack consisting of
the Pickaxe book first, then :-D