I am not sure this is the best place for this question, it might better
belong on a SuSE Linux forum but I thought I would start here.

I have a SuSE 9.1 Professional platform.  I deinstalled the stock Ruby and
rolled my own Ruby 1.8.4 which now lives in /usr/local.  I also on the same
platform have a full Rails installation, also in /usr/local.

I want to install mr_guid.

I note that mr_guid requires the various ruby-gtk2 and ruby-gnome2 libraries
all of which are linked off the mr_guid site as installable rpms.

Ok, my question is if I install these as rpms are they going to install such
that they they think they are for the stock Ruby which used to reside
in /usr/bin with the ruby libs in /libs/ruby or will my Ruby installation
in /usr/local work such that mr_guid will launch and run correctly.

All comments welcome
john