In article <du2e63$rp0$1 / vilya.larc.nasa.gov>,
Bil Kleb  <Bil.Kleb / NASA.gov> wrote:
>mtobis / gmail.com wrote:
>> There's already an open source competitior to matlab: python plus
>> matplotlib , sometimes known as pylab.
>>
>> Sigh. It's really unfortunate that the Ruby/Python contention has
>> leaked into science.
>
>As I said, I wrote the SBIR topic for selfish reasons: our team
>uses Ruby and we have need for tools I originally outlined.  No
>contention intended, just bias?

Bil,

Maybe I misunderstood your original post in this thread: Are you looking for
people to submit SBIR applications for funding to develop Ruby applications
which fall into your list of needed apps?

I don't understand the SBIR process much, but I'm guessing that you (as an
'agent' in a government agency) are asking for people to submit proposals for
SBIR funding from your agency - am I right?  Can you offer any more details
about the process?

Phil