On Feb 28, 2006, at 9:55 AM, chiaro scuro wrote:
> I guess that in principle when you see an '=', you could lookup a
> 'name=' method before deciding that it is a local var assignment
> rather than a method call.
>
> I also understand that there will be perfromance issues with that.

The problem, of course, is that methods can come and go so you would
have to check every time the assignment was executed and I don't
think you would want the assignment to be to a local variable at one
point and then to be a method call at another.

It has to be determined statically.  So any 'solution' to the problem
would probably be to introduce some clear syntactical hint with
respect to local variables...

Gary Wright