Hi James,

> One of my design goals is keeping FasterCSV pure Ruby.  This makes it
> trivial to bundle with you app, if needed, and makes it more fun for me
> to maintain.
>
> If you want to build a C version though, best of luck to you.

No, I certainly don't want to build a complete C version. I was thinking
more like *if* RubyInline is installed, the main loop could be translated
to C. That's all. So the C version would be completely optional. You know,
if it is there use it else go with the default Ruby only. The question is
how much faster can it actually be? If I look at PA's benchmark it looks
like what you did is make it 10 times faster. But the Python version is
still 10 times faster. Maybe it's possible to make FasterCSV like 2-3
faster with the use of RubyInline.

Sa?a Ebach