On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 10:12:22AM +0900, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
} Someone needs to make a "C++ for Ruby programmers" book.  I'm getting
} assigned to work on a C++ project now and it's making me cry.  Not
} only have I forgotten all of the C++ that I used to know, I actually
} have to compile stuff!
}
} I guess I should get more experienced in C++, as variety is good.  But
} it's still painful.

Think of the compiler as the interpreter, and templates as duck-typed Ruby.
Do as much as you can with meta-programming, since it should be comfortable
from a Ruby background. The rest... the rest is just syntax.

} Joe
--Greg