On Feb 27, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Trejkaz wrote:

>> If your communications is of the (essentially) non-connected variety,
>> example being HTTP, I don't see getting around passing an access
>> "key"
>> with each call.
>
> I did get authentication working using SSL client certs last night,
> generating them with QuickCert which is, BTW, extremely nice for this
> sort of prototyping work.  But the problem is that as far as I can
> tell, my remote object can't determine which client certificate was
> passed in.  So it's nice and simple for authentication, as long as you
> want every connection to have access to everything.  But maybe that's
> okay for now.

You'll have bigger problems than authentication if you want to have
different access levels.  The ability to create a DRbObject gives you
a reference to any object in the remote process.

NamedIdConv instead of the default DRbIdConv may be of assistance,
but it would take some significant thought to be sure.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com