Wayne Vucenic <wvucenic / netgate.net> writes:

> Also, it seems that Ruby's elegant structure of classes, metaclasses,
> singleton methods, being able to add methods to existing classes, the
> fact that class definitions are executable code, etc., etc. should
> enable really elegant solutions to certain problems.  It's just that I
> don't yet know what those problems are.

Here are three already implemented in the base Ruby distribution or easily
available on the RAA: distributed objects (DRb, Rinda), the Delegation
design pattern (Delegator and SimpleDelegator), and profiling (profile.rb).

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Mind you, deep in the IBM VM operating system source we once found a