On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:32 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:

> I'm not sure about this - I'm still finding my way around some things
> here, but I'm pretty sure we do need iconv_open(3) in libiconv.
> Does it
> compile with this change?

The problem is really strange. I have libiconv-1.9 installed in
/usr, and libiconv-1.10 installed in /opt/local. mkmf says
iconv_open(3) isn't available in v1.10, but it is. Have you
tested with libiconv-1.10? Was there ever a libiconv that did not
have iconv_open()?

> If you are passing --with-xml2-<whatever> settings, you should be fine
> to comment-out the lines that run those scripts (for both CFLAGS and
> LDFLAGS). If that works for you I'll fix it with a default to the
> dir_config and commit it.

I did this, and all unittests passed.

-- Daniel