On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 17:43 +0900, Une bévue wrote:
> Ross Bamford <rossrt / roscopeco.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > I'm afraid I can't be much help there, I've no experience with OSX. I've
> > seen standaloneify.rb but it lost me at "Takes a built RubyCocoa app
> > bundle (as produced by the Xcode/ProjectBuilder template)..."
>
> even not general advices ?
>
> what i think about that :
>
> make a try apart (in my HOME)
>
> with a fresh ruby, libxml2 and RubyLibxml.
>

> what i have to know is the process of binding that's to say how your
> RubyLibxml find ruby and libxml2, probably this is done at the config
> step.

Yes, it's handled by ext/xml/extconf.rb . The Ruby version you build
against is determined by the Ruby you run that script with. You can pass
in the path to libxml in usual extconf style (--with-xml2-dir or
--with-xml2-lib and --with-xml2-include).

You'll need to manually run the extconf (rather than relying on the
Rakefile) to pass in those options and then run make as usual.