Hi mitchell,

From: "mitchell" <ffsnoopy / gmail.com>

> Mr. Guid processes debugging output as each line comes in. The gets
> function does just what I need to in linux. In windows, it freezes up
> the application for some unknown reason. Although send/recv work in
> windows, recv gets a block of data based on what the debugger has sent.
> If Mr. Guid takes longer to process debug output than what the debugger
> is sending in, (like displaying global variables), the recv grabs the
> chunk of data that's been accumulating and processes it as what it
> thinks is a separate line of output when in reality it's a few lines.
> This leads to dropped data.

What I meant, is it's fairly trivial to write wrappers
around send/recv that act like gets/puts.  I provided
an example of a "puts" version of send in my previous email.

It's similarly easy to write a wrapper around recv that
acts like "gets".

BTW, has anyone tried Mr. Guid on 1.8.4 Windows?  Maybe
gets/puts will work on 1.8.4 on windows if you set
nonblocking mode on your socket.  (?)

Regards,

Bill