I guess the previous message didn't get through...

Bill,

Mr. Guid processes debugging output as each line comes in. The gets
function does just what I need to in linux. In windows, it freezes up
the application for some unknown reason. Although send/recv work in
windows, recv gets a block of data based on what the debugger has sent.
If Mr. Guid takes longer to process debug output than what the debugger
is sending in, (like displaying global variables), the recv grabs the
chunk of data that's been accumulating and processes it as what it
thinks is a separate line of output when in reality it's a few lines.
This leads to dropped data.