Rob wrote:

> I found it very difficult to learn because I spent too much
> time looking for certain methods in the Ruby book.

This is a big problem for a lot of programmers. We've had Visual Basic
programmers looking for the on error gosub handler because that is
all they know and have become incapable of learning anything new. I've
seen Cobol written in Perl by Cobol programmers who just couldn't learn
anything new. We've had C programmers have fits because they couldn't
use the pre / post
increment / decrement operators that they used in C and -= and += was
too hard to learn.

You get the picture. Take a deep breath and forget you ever knew C then
try again, prior expectations can be a real hindrance when learning
something new.