--u5E4XgoOPWr4PD9E

> But I realize that what I really need are some Ruby programming
> exercises... the kind that often appear at the end of each chapter
> in a beginning programming book.  Such exercises can (usually)
> be solved with a short program, and they illustrate some particular
> feature or technique in the language.

	Why not track a real project?  When I was first learning C I
subscribed to the Apache and FreeBSD's mailing lists so I could get the
gist of what it was all about.  Why not subscribe to a few ruby based
projects and review/participate/comment on the development of (::cough
cough:: ruby-tmpl ::cough cough::)?

	I'm sure if you do a search at SourceForge or Freshmeat you=20
should be able to find something to work on.

> I haven't seen anything like this for Ruby.  (Just now I searched the
> entire archives of this mailing list for "exercise", but didn't find
> any references to what I'm looking for.)
>=20
> Are there any exercises like this?

	That's what ruby-tmpl is to me, but it also has the nifty
benefit of solving a problem.  Anything similar that you could toss
effort into?  -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden
http://ruby-tmpl.sourceforge.net/