> I *did* find OO easier to grasp and understand once
> I started learning design patterns.

Sorry, I did not notice that in your first post.

> I suppose I worry that if someone isn't taught OO well
> that they're just going to end up like me and program
> some sort of pseudo-OO crap and just end up enforcing
> bad habits.

I agree with you on this. In fact, my worry goes further. I
worry about college grads only learning the technical aspects
to programming and not learning to solve problems. This is by
far one of the largest problem I have encountered with peers.
Other problems being, an unwillingness to learn. But that is
another soapbox. ;-)

> You're right, his experience is much more extensive than
> mine and I'd trust it more. Just sharing my $0.02 though =)

Oops. I didn't mean to come across as rude. Your experience is
certainly valuable. And when combined with Alan Shalloway's
experiences I think we can agree that it takes a good teacher
and that we might need to rethink how we teach programming.

--
Glen