At 10:32 PM 7/19/01 +0900, James (ruby-talk) spewed forth:

> > Seriously, I can think of any number of 'toy' programming problems.
> >
> > Like the "bottles of beer" thing just posted, or maybe an iterator that
> > iterates through the days of week - the list is endless.
>
>What features of Ruby, though, do you think are the ones most likely to be
>unfamiliar or tricky to the Ruby Newbie?
>
>James

Iterators and blocks I'd have to say was the Ruby concept I had the hardest
time wrapping my head around, and I'm still pretty sure I only have a basic
grasp of what's happening.

I think perhaps also I'm a little bit short on common Ruby idioms - what
are some examples of iterators or blocks being elegantly used to solve a
particular problem?

That's about it really, thankfully much of Ruby is blissfully
straightforward  :)

-Chris