Hi group. More newbie stuff...

I have the above mentioned problem - ruport fails while installing from
gem.... ruby(1.8.3/ubuntu) says  "no such file to load -- rdoc/rdoc". I
have tried to gem rdoc as well, --remote....  Then gem says: "could not
find rdoc in repository".

rdoc appears to be the problem, not ruport itself

So far I have :
- apt-get installed ruby-1.8.3
- manually installed rubygems-0.8.11.tgz
- gem install rubygems-update

and my gem is (gem -v) 0.8.11

HELP!

--------------------
Be kind, I am just a poor VisualStudio/C# guy, used to have everything
working by clicking 'next' - 'next'  -'next', and then adding a
25-letter license code. This is my first attempt with gems. Its also my
first time with ruby on Linux (ubuntu). I have a little experience with
ruby-1.8.2 on winXP and osX only... but only out-of-the-box stuff.
Never used or installed anything else than the default package. Gems
seems like a very neat approach, appart from me not being able to
install my particular package this particular time  ;-)

regards, Henning
Norway