How do I evaluate a text file as a sequence of Ruby statements?
(For those who happen to know Perl: I would like to have an
equivalent of the Perl 'do FILENAME' feature).

For example, I have a file "foo" which contains the lines

  abc=4
  def=5

I would like to "evaluate" the file such that after this, the
variable abc is set to 4 and def is set to 5.

I tried the following:

eval(File.new("foo").read)

But after this, abc is still undefined. What am I doing wrong here?

Ronald

--
Sent by mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com from siemens  subpart  of com