I've been learning Ruby, mostly with the Pickaxe book, and it's going
well.

But I realize that what I really need are some Ruby programming
exercises... the kind that often appear at the end of each chapter
in a beginning programming book.  Such exercises can (usually)
be solved with a short program, and they illustrate some particular
feature or technique in the language.

I haven't seen anything like this for Ruby.  (Just now I searched the
entire archives of this mailing list for "exercise", but didn't find
any references to what I'm looking for.)

Are there any exercises like this?

Thanks!!!

Wayne