On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 23:58 +0900, SteveC wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Debian out of the box the ruby indenting is a little poor with it
> seeming to much prefer braces rather than 'end'ed blocks.
>
> Are people using http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/ (says 2003 for last
> update?) or anything else in vim?

If you have Rubygems, you should be able to do:

$ su -c 'gem install vim-ruby'
... password etc ...

$ vim-ruby-install

This should give you the latest versions of the vim-ruby, which looks
like late 2005, rather than 2003. Vim includes these as standard I
think, but you should definitely keep them up to date.

You can also download the archives and unpack it yourself, then run
vim-ruby-install for the same effect. I'm just lazy.