First things first: there's an ActiveRuby?! Well, not that noone saw it coming
or anything. Actually, took ActiveState bloody long now that I think of it.
Still, this is the first time I saw it mentioned at all.

Da Pondelok 20 Februr 2006 11:06 Joey S. Eisma napsal:
> hello!
>
> as the subject goes, what's the difference of ActiveRuby and "regular"
> Ruby install? on windows, ActiveRuby defaults to C:\program files, while
> "regular" ruby on c:\ruby.

I suppose very little. ActiveState tends to bundle some extra Windows-specific
stuff along with its language distribution. Like the wsh integration,
possibly some other libs too. IIRC, their Python distro also had quite a bit
of extra documentation bundled with it.

> do i need both if i use ruby as wsh script and doing "regular"
> programming task?

I doubt it. Whatever floats your boat, I say. I'd personally stick with just
one myself to avoid version mixup lossage, even if that's somewhat unlikely.

David Vallner