On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Steve Tuckner wrote:

> So I go into the examples/guestbook directory and run ruby guestbook.rb. It
> starts up and runs. Wonderful. I then copy the iowa.cgi into the
> apache/cgi-bin directory. Then I go to my browser and type
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/iowa.cgi <http://localhost/cgi-bin/iowa.cgi>  and
> then what? -- ?name=guestbook, I have no idea.

You have to map a url pattern ending in /iowa/ to iowa.cgi.  Off the top
of my head, you do something like

Action iowa /cgi-bin/iowa.cgi
<Location /iowa>
SetHandler iowa
</Location>

And then you would access

http://localhost/iowa/guestbook

I think the iowa.cgi file has instructions in it.

> Also how do you kill the ruby guestbook.rb? I tried Control-C,
> Control-Break, neither worked. I then just exited the command window. Then
> when I tried to restart it, it said c:\Temp\iowa_guestbook address in use.

Hmmm... Control-C works on unix.  You'll need to delete that temp
file; perhaps you could set up a .bat file
that deleted it before every run?  Sorry, that's a bit cludgy...

Avi